At home I serve the kind of food I know the story behind.
Why Eat Local
Read how buying local supports farmers and conserves energy.
The Farm to Fork Blog
Recipes, CSAs, real food writing and more.
|Why Eat Local
Food journalist Michael Pollan encourages buying local food to conserve energy, support farmers, and preserve the natural landscape.
Watch Michael Pollan's Why Eat Local
Here's what you need to know about eating locally:
1. More Flavorful because food is less traveled and therefore fresher
2. More Nutritious because the longer the food travels from afar it loses health-promoting components
3. Supports Local Economies because a good portion of the money spent on local food returns to the economy
4. Safer because generally the less traveled food is the less chance it is to be contaminated
5. Supports Seasonal Eating because eating local often translates to eating what's seasonal in your area and offers us the chance to eat in conjunction with nature
"You are a good ambassador for natural foods; your personality and friendliness are pluses."
Gifts that Nourish
Give a unique and delicious gift for any occasion.
About | Services | How It Works | Sample Menus | Gifts | Eat Local | Blog
Heather Meyer | 612.248.8163 | firstname.lastname@example.org